Your healthcare provider should do blood tests to check your liver and IGF-I levels before you start treatment with SOMAVERT.
The First Dose of SOMAVERT
SOMAVERT is an injection given under the skin using a small, thin needle. Your first dose will be given in your doctor's office. After your first dose, you or your caregiver will give the injection. Self-injecting as directed by your doctor offers a more flexible dosing plan. You don't have to go to your doctor's office for your treatment.
Always inject SOMAVERT as instructed by your doctor.
Fine-gauge prefilled diluent syringe
Periodic Blood Tests
At first, you will have to have blood tests every 4 to 6 weeks. This is to check your IGF-I levels. Your doctor may adjust your SOMAVERT dose based on these test results. Once your IGF-I levels are normalized, you may only need to have tests once every 6 months. Your doctor may also run other tests in order to check your liver.
Talking To Your Doctor
To make the most of your acromegaly treatment, it's important to track your symptoms over time and have honest conversations with your doctor.
Important Information to Remember
- Store the package of SOMAVERT in a refrigerator. DO NOT FREEZE IT!
- After mixing the powder and liquid (do not shake), you may keep the mixed medicine at room temperature inside the vial or syringe, but you must inject the mixed SOMAVERT within 6 hours
- If you forget to give yourself an injection of SOMAVERT, skip that dose. Get back on your schedule the next day
- Do not inject a double dose to make up for a forgotten injection
- If you have any questions about using SOMAVERT, ask your doctor